What is French Silk Pie?
In case you aren’t familiar with this decadent dessert, French silk pie is made with a pastry or cookie crust, rich and creamy chocolate filling, and topped with whipped cream.
It’s absolutely amazing when chilled and allowed enough time to set, something I tend to struggle with (ehem) because I know how decadent this is. You’ll know exactly what I mean once you try it!
(You may also like: Dark Chocolate Paleo Pie with Homemade Crust)
- For the crust:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- For the filling:
- 4 oz dairy free paleo friendly dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut cream
- For decoration (optional):
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream
- chopped almonds
- To make the crust, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 4 jars and lightly press it into bottom of jars.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place the coconut cream in a small saucepan.
- Heat it over medium low heat until it begins to gently simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Divide between jars and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spread the whipped coconut cream on top, sprinkle with chopped almonds (if using) and serve.
OMG this was way better than I thought! It was amazing!
Can this be made with maple syrup instead of honey?