View More Paleo Brownie Recipes:
Almond Butter Brownie Ice Cream (Paleo-Friendly)
The Best Paleo Avocado Brownies (Healthy, Fudgy Deliciousness)
Chocolate Covered Paleo Brownie Energy Balls
Chocolate Fudge Paleo Brownie Bites (yum!)
Fudgy Paleo Brownie in a Mug (ERMAHGERD!)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tbsp paleo friendly dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a small (8×4 inch) loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cacao powder and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs and honey and beat until pale and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the almond butter, almond milk and apple cider vinegar and beat to combine.
- Add the cacao powder mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place the bread on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
What can you use in place of almond butter and almond milk? I can’t have treenuts or gluten.
Hey Maria! You’re definitely not alone with your allergies.
To replace the almond butter, I would suggest 1 cup of Sunflower Seed butter instead (assuming you don’t have any allergies to sunflower seeds).
To replace the almond milk, any milk that is not tree nut-based should work great 🙂
This brownie bread looks delicious!!! Do you think I could make it with dates instead of honey to make it Whole30 friendly?
Definitely Jill! If you do try it, please let me know what the proportions end up being. Really curious to know how it turns out with dates as the sweetener 🙂
Just popped these babies in the oven! Had to make a few minor tweaks for what I had on hand but looks and smelled good going into the oven!
WOOT! Let me know how it turns out 🙂
Could you use maple syrup instead of honey? Would love to be able to share this with my daughter, but she’s less than a year old!
That would work great Laura! I have actually made this zucchini bread with maple syrup before and the bread is just as good.
I can’t wait to try this recipe! How do you get the parchment paper to fit so perfectly?
What is The texture like?