View More Paleo Ground Beef Casserole Recipes:
Double Bacon Ground Beef Paleo Casserole (Low Carb)
Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Ground Beef Casserole
Easy and Soul-Satisfying Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
Loaded Cauliflower Ground Beef Casserole
Low Carb Ground Beef and Cabbage Paleo Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup homemade or Paleo friendly store- bought mayonnaise
- 4 slices no sugar, no nitrate bacon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the dried parsley and cayenne pepper and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Set aside.
- Place the steamer basket in a large pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the basket.
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the steamer basket and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the almond milk and nutritional yeast and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and top with mashed cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with chopped jalapeno peppers.
- In a bowl place the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of water and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the chopped jalapeno peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25- 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with cooked bacon and chopped parsley and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a review (pretty please!)
|Vitamin A||15.4 µg|
|Vitamin C||38.2 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||42.4 µg|