Please indulge me for a second. I am about to rave about cauliflower. Cauliflower is a wonderfully versatile vegetable. You can mash it, rice it, roast it, eat it raw, or make it into a soup. One of my absolute favorite ways to cook it though is oven roasted cauliflower.
The taste achieved through roasting is a great sweet but nutty flavor (especially if you add parmesan).
Cauliflower is also a great substitute for potatoes if you are following the Paleo diet or other low carb diet, or even just trying to add healthier options into your meals.
Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
The Best Seasoning for Roasted Cauliflower
How to Roast Cauliflower
You may also like: This easy low carb cauliflower bread: https://paleogrubs.com/low-carb-cauliflower-bread
It’s really so easy to roast cauliflower in the oven! I would suggest making this balsamic roasted cauliflower before experimenting with your own seasonings (it really is that good). But definitely try other spice blends! Cauliflower works well with pretty much anything.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 2.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and marjoram in a bowl. Spread out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, turning once, until it starts to soften and brown.
- Pour balsamic over the cauliflower and stir. Return to the oven for 6-8 more minutes.
Bonus Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
A head of regular cauliflower can be transformed into thick ‘steaks’ that make a hearty and satisfying meat-free dinner. First browned on the stove and then baked, roasted cauliflower steaks are easy to cook. To form the steaks, use a large knife to slice the cauliflower into four 1/2-inch pieces, working from the center outwards. Remove any leaves and trim the stem. Any extra florets can be reserved for other cauliflower recipes such as rice.
1 head of cauliflower, sliced into 4 steaks
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 yellow pepper, diced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomatoes and yellow pepper on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until soft.
2.Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute. Place two of the cauliflower steaks in the skillet and sprinkle with salt. Sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Repeat with remaining cauliflower steaks, adding more olive oil to the pan.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees until tender. Top with roasted tomatoes, peppers, and fresh parsley to serve.