Energy balls are great as a snack because they tend to be packed with calorie-dense ingredients such as a nut butter or fruit-based binder.
In this recipe, we will be using fresh dates which is a natural sweetener that is packed with antioxidants and high in fiber. (1.)
(You may also like: Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Energy Balls)
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cups fresh dates dates, pitted
- 4 oz chopped fresh ripe peach
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For coating:
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you get a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 40 balls (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Roll in chopped almonds.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.