View More Paleo Chocolate Recipes:
Note: If you microwave, stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate mixture is completely smooth.
- For the bars:
- 1½ cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 28 raw almonds
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 1 cup Enjoy life semi sweet chocolate mini chips
- Line an 8×4 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the shredded coconut, coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the almonds evenly in 7 rows (4 almonds across) and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and cut the mixture into 14 bars.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, in a double broiler or microwave, until smooth. (see note)
- Use two forks to dip each bar into the chocolate.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until serving.
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||3.6 µg|