This recipe is perfect for those chilly mornings when you can’t seem to drag yourself out from under your blankets. What usually gets me out of bed is the promise of a warm breakfast, and heating one of these up is the perfect way to start your day without much effort. If you bake a lot, the majority of these ingredients should already be found around your house.
I used pumpkin pie spice in this recipe, but it’s made up of ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon. If you don’t have the pre-mixed spice you can simply use a bit of each of the four spices it is made up of! If you’re going this route, I’d be a little heavier on the cinnamon and nutmeg.
I also used mini chocolate chips, which I find give a better texture and consistency than the larger kind. This way, you get bites that are filled with the delightful flavor of spiced pumpkin mixed with sweet chocolate. When using larger chocolate chips, I always end up getting a few bites where the chocolate flavor overwhelms the rest of the muffin. All of my little chocolate chips got hidden on the inside of the muffins so no one expected them to be there. Everyone was delightfully surprised.
These muffins are extremely aromatic and will leave your entire house smelling like the sweet spices of autumn! They’re the perfect breakfast, dessert, or midnight snack- yum.
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey (I used maple syrup)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- small pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together pumpkin puree, maple syrup, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together until well blended.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix well.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with 8 paper muffin cups. Fill each until they are almost full.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
|Vitamin A||105.3 µg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||9.2 µg|