How to Make No-Bake Almond Joy Bars
Make the crust: Combine the almond flour, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Press the crust dough evenly onto the bottom of the lined pan.
Make the filling: Combine the finely shredded unsweetened coconut, honey, coconut oil, and water for the filling and spread it over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
Add the topping: Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the coconut filling. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and salt flakes. Refrigerate until set.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Refrigerate your bars in an airtight container to keep them fresh. They will last for up to two weeks stored this way. Make sure to add wax paper or parchment paper between the bar layers to keep them from sticking together and messing up the toppings of the bottom bars.
To Freeze: Salted almond bars can also be frozen to keep them fresh for up to three months. Make sure to separate each layer with wax or parchment paper to keep the almond bars from sticking together, and keep them in a freezer-safe, airtight container for the best results. You can eat them directly from frozen.
(You may also like: Homemade Coconut Candy Bar)
- For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the filling:
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp pure honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- For topping:
- 3 oz paleo dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- salt flakes
- Line an 8×4 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, in a bowl combine the almond flour, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the lined pan, and set aside.
- To make the filling, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the coconut layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and salt flakes.
- Return to the refrigerator, and refrigerate until set.
Pan preparation: To make removal easy after refrigeration, line the pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper sticks out above the bars to easily lift them out after setting.
Crust preparation: Use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the crust on the bottom of the pan evenly. Make sure to press down gently so that you don’t compress the crust too much.
Chilled filling: Allow the coconut filling to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour before adding the topping. This will help to keep the layers separate and stop mixing.
Chocolate drizzle: When pouring melted chocolate over the coconut layer, make sure it’s evenly distributed by using the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate over the chilled filling.
Adding toppings: Sprinkle the chopped almonds and salt flakes immediately after pouring the chocolate to ensure they stick to the bars properly.
More Good No-Bake Almond Joy Dessert Recipes
No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies
The flavors of Almond Joy bars are recreated in these easy and delicious cookies. Cookies that require no baking and minimal effort such as these are great for a go-to snack, ready in no time at all. The ingredients are blended together, shaped into cookies, and then chilled in the freezer before serving. The dough will stick together better once the cookies are chilled.
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp water
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Combine the almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse to finely crumble. Add in the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Blend to combine. Drizzle in the water a little at a time until the mixture starts to clump together. Transfer into a small bowl and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
2. Using your hands, roll pieces of the dough into small balls, about 1 inch around, and space out on parchment paper. After all of the balls are formed, press down on each ball to form a flat cookie. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one week.