You would think that microwaving a single vegetable would be rather straightforward, but trust me, the details matter.
All it takes is adding a lemon wedge and a little bit of water into the same bowl as your sweet potato. This is a great way to elevate an otherwise basic side dish into something more gourmet without adding too much prep time.
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and thoroughly washed
- 1 lemon wedge (optional)
- Prick the potato all over with a fork.
- Place the sweet potato, lemon wedge (if using) and 1 tsp of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve with your favorite sweet or savory toppings.