View More Paleo Ground Beef Casserole Recipes:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup homemade or Paleo friendly store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional)
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse a few time until it resembles rice.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the ground cumin, chili powder, dried oregano and mix to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste and mix to combine.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl place the mayonnaise, nutritional yeast and 1 tablespoon of water and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with sliced scallion (if using).
|Vitamin A||60.4 µg|
|Vitamin C||72.3 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||64.6 µg|