View More Paleo Meatloaf Recipes:
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Paleo friendly homemade or store-bought BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt, black pepper to taste
- For topping (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 6 muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl add the cooked onions, ground beef, BBQ sauce, dried thyme and salt and black pepper to taste.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly among the 6 cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sweet potato topping.
- Place the sweet potato and 2 tablespoon of water in a microwave safe glass dish.
- Cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave oven and drain well.
- Place the sweet potato and coconut oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the meatloaf muffins from the oven and pipe the whipped sweet potato on top.
- Serve immediately.
|Vitamin A||198.2 µg|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||12.7 µg|