More Homemade Paleo Mayo Recipes:
Homemade Herbed Paleo Mayonnaise
11 Homemade Mayos with Healthy Oil and No Added Chemicals
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- 1 ¼ cups light-tasting olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place the egg, garlic cloves, mustard and lemon juice in the blender cup or jar that just fits the head of your immersion blender.
- Add the olive oil and allow to settle for 15 seconds.
- Place head of immersion blender at the bottom of cup and turn it on high speed.
- Do not move the head for 30 seconds or until a white, creamy, thick mayo forms at the bottom by the head.
- As mayonnaise forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the immersion blender until all oil is emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.