What is Riced Cauliflower?
Riced cauliflower is cauliflower that has been processed in a food processor until it’s small enough to resemble rice. This is accomplished by pulsing or using a specific attachment in the food processor to give it the desired texture.
Is Cauliflower Rice Paleo-Approved?
Since cauliflower rice is made up of only cauliflower, it is absolutely 100% paleo-approved. It’s actually one of my cooking and baking staples, so if you’re not already familiar with how versatile it can be, I’m sure you’ll figure it out in no time.
(You may also like: Paleo Chocolate Banana Pudding)
- For the pudding:
- 1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For decoration (optional):
- 1 oz paleo friendly dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, almond milk, honey, cinnamon, egg yolk and cauliflower rice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let simmer, stirring frequently, about 10-15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Do not let boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Divide the melted chocolate and pudding between serving glasses.
- Top with chopped almonds and serve.