More Paleo Candy Recipes:
- For the dough:
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup Enjoy life semi sweet chocolate mini chips
- 1 ½ tsp solid coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup Enjoy life semi sweet chocolate mini chips
- 1 tbsp solid coconut oil
- To make the dough place the almond flour, arrowroot flour and baking soda in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and pure vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough between two piece of parchment paper into an 11×7.5 -inch rectangle. Lift off the top sheet and transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Set aside.
- To make the frosting, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, in a double broiler or microwave, until smooth. Add the almond butter and mix to combine. Let cool until spreadable (about 30-60 minutes).
- To assemble the bars, spread 1/3 of frosting on first dough layer. Repeat with remaining layers and frosting. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and cut crosswise into 9 bars.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Let it cool slightly. Use two forks to dip each bar into the chocolate. Shake a little to let the excess chocolate drip. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and pop back into the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until serving.
|Folic Acid (B9)||11.4 µg|