More Paleo Crockpot Soup Recipes:
More Asian Paleo Recipes:
- 1 ounce dried Shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp lard or coconut oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 (4oz) can sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 pound pork loin, sliced into thing strips
- 5 cups homemade chicken broth
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the shiitake in a glass bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water over them. Soak for 20 minutes. Reserve the mushroom soaking liquid.
- Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, chili oil, honey, crushed red pepper flakes, lard, bamboo shoots, pork, onion powder, garlic powder, chicken broth and reserved mushroom soaking liquid in a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Increase the heat to high.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot flour and ¼ cup of water. Stir the mixture in the soup.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the soup thickens slightly.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, sesame oil and pinch of salt.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the hot soup.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste
- Serve topped with sliced scallions.