This recipe is always a hit because it’s incredibly tasty and has everything you need, from the lean protein in the chicken to the dark leafy greens. The star of this dish is the sun dried tomatoes, which gives it this beautiful reddish color and incredible flavor.
Also, I love how there is some spinach in this as well because whenever I prepare something for the family, I try to include more vegetables when I can. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, along with vitamins A and C and of course minerals such as folate, magnesium and iron.
(You may also like: Crispy, Crunchy Baked Honey Garlic Chicken)
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a large measuring cup combine the chicken stock, milk, arrowroot flour, mustard and nutritional yeast.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Simmer for 10-15 minuter, stirring frequently or until thicken.
- Add the spinach and chopped dried tomato and simmer until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are softened.
- Serve warm.