(Also try: Dark Chocolate French Silk Pie in a Jar)
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- ¼ cup natural cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the sweet potato in a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Scoop out the flesh in a bowl and mash with potato masher.
- Add ¾ cup mashed sweet potato, cocoa powder, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and pinch of salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
More Good Chocolate Frosting Recipes
3-Ingredient Chocolate Frosting
Frosting can still be enjoyed on the Paleo diet without any refined sugars necessary. This rich, natural and healthy chocolate frosting can be used for cupcakes, cakes, cookies, and bars. It hardens when cooled, so make sure to spread the frosting while it is still warm. The simple frosting only requires a few ingredients, but the chocolate chips should be made of dark chocolate to adhere to Paleo guidelines.
2 cups dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and salt in a small saucepan over the lowest heat setting possible.
2. Stir in the vanilla. Transfer the frosting to the refrigerator to cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove and blend with a hand blender until thick and spreadable.