Apple and cinnamon were made to go together. I use so much more cinnamon in flavoring recipes since starting Paleo that I have started buying larger containers of it. You could say I’m a fan. To pair with the cinnamon in these muffins I added some unsweetened applesauce. I chose to use applesauce instead of chunks of apple so that the muffins would come out more light and fluffy.
These cinnamon apple muffins are fast and easy to make, and to top it off they are good for you. There is no need to bring out the mixer; these can just be stirred by hand. And they are ready in less than 30 minutes. So it doesn’t take a very big chunk out of your week to make up a batch, and then they are all set to go whenever you want one. You can grab one on your way out the door for a healthy breakfast on the fly, or I have even packed these for road trips as a snack. You can also freeze extra so they last longer! Have I not convinced you of their convenience yet?
Be sure to whip up a batch of these cinnamon apple muffins to start off your day on the right foot. They are a healthy and heart-friendly treat, and one that everyone in the family can enjoy.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, add applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Distribute the batter evenly into the lined muffin tins, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a resealable bag.