More Paleo Candy Recipes:
- For the chocolate nougat:
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 4 hours then drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup Enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the caramel:
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup Enjoy semi sweet chocolate mini chips
- 1 tbsp solid coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the chocolate nougat place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and freeze for 2 hours.
- To make the caramel, place all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Smooth the caramel over the nougat and freeze for 2 hours.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, in a double broiler or microwave, until smooth. If you microwave, stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate mixture is completely smooth. Let it cool slightly.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut the mixture into 16 bars.
- Use two forks to dip each bar into the chocolate. Shake a little to let the excess chocolate drip.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and pop back into the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until serving.