View More Paleo Salad Dressing Recipes:
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup avocado oil or light tasting olive oil
- 2 tbsp water or more to taste
- salt to taste
- Place the egg yolk, garlic clove, mustard, anchovy filets and lemon juice in the blender cup or jar that just fits the head of your immersion blender.
- Add the avocado oil and allow to settle for 15 seconds.
- Place head of immersion blender at the bottom of cup and turn it on high speed.
- Do not move the head for 30 seconds or until a white, creamy, thick mixture forms at the bottom by the head.
- Slowly tilt and lift the head of the immersion blender until all ingredients are immersed and creamy.
- Add the water, a tablespoon at a time, until the dressing has reached your desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.