View More Paleo Ground Beef Recipes:
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for greasing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup homemade or Paleo friendly store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 head cabbage (about 1 ½ pounds), coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the diced tomatoes and mix to combine.
- Cook until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Set aside.
- Put 1 inch of water and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large pot.
- Add the cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spoon the cooked cabbage into a lightly greased baking dish and top with ground beef mixture.
- In a small bowl place the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of water and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the mayonnaise mixture over the beef mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.