This recipe might be a slightly different version of green eggs, but there is no doubt it is green. If only I had some ham. This poem was in my head the entire time this broccoli egg bake was cooking. The entire time. So I had to share it here with you. “Try them and you may like them.” I definitely ignored that advice when I was young. But now I don’t need my mother to tell me to eat my vegetables, I actually really like them. And this dish is packed to the brim with vegetables. We’ve got broccoli, we’ve got zucchini, and we’ve got onion. These veggies, combined with some eggs, make a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
I think I woke up yesterday and must have decided to try to put as many green things as I could fit into a dish. Actually, now that I think about it, I could’ve added spinach, asparagus, maybe some kale… but I guess there’s already enough goodness packed into this pan I suppose. Broccoli brings so many things to the table, including tons of fiber, vitamin C, and some calcium for those people out there not eating dairy.
This egg bake is a great way to get a lot of veggies with breakfast. It takes a little time to chop up everything, but once that’s done you simply mix it with eggs and put it in the oven. It also makes great leftovers for the next day.
Get your vegetables, right here. This egg bake is very straightforward and easy to make. Give it a try and don’t forget to eat your vegetables. You may like them, you will see.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped vegetables.
- Grease a ramekin with coconut oil spray. Pour egg mixture into the dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Top with chopped parsley to serve.
Want more paleo recipes? Take a look at the Paleo Grubs Book. With 470+ easy-to-prepare Paleo recipes in 17 categories, it is the only Paleo book you will ever need.