More Paleo Cupcake Recipes:
Pumpkin Paleo Cupcakes with Maple Syrup Frosting (Made with Coconut Flour)
Lemon Curd Coconut Cupcakes
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes
Paleo Coconut Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
20 Scrumptious Paleo Cupcakes (Grain-Free & Gluten-Free)
- For the cupcakes:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup frozen sour cherries, pitted
- For the filling:
- 1 cup frozen sour cherries, pitted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the frosting:
- 1 can (14 oz) full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the muffins place the eggs, honey, coconut oil, almond milk and pure vanilla extract in a food processor and combine well.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder and baking soda and combine well.
- Add the frozen cherries and pulse a few times until combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Spoon the batter into the paper liners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the filling, place the cherries, honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cherries are soft and juices are reduced, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- To make the frosting, open the chilled can of full fat coconut milk and scoop the solid coconut cream.
- Place the coconut cream, cashew nuts, coconut flour and honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for minimum 4 hours.
- To assemble the cupcakes, cut a small piece out of the center of each cupcake.
- Spoon the cherry filing into the hole and top with the piece of cupcake you removed to seal.
- Pipe the frosting over the cupcakes.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator, allow to rest at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.
|Vitamin A||35.3 µg|
|Vitamin C||2.6 mg|
|Folic Acid (B9)||17.5 µg|