How to Make the Best Buffalo Cauliflower
Since the homemade ranch sauce is so easy to whip up, you might as well get that out of the way first. All you’ll need to combine either homemade or store bought paleo friendly mayonnaise with almond milk, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. That’s it! Simply refrigerate your ranch sauce until ready for use.
Of course, if you want to take it a step further, do try my homemade paleo mayonnaise recipe. It’s made with avocado oil and it’s honestly so much better than the store-bought mayonnaise I used to get. Plus, it’s actually healthy!
You can then turn your attention towards making the wings by preheating your oven to 425°F. Put all of your cauliflower florets in a large bowl and drizzle them in extra virgin olive oil. Next, sprinkle the arrowroot flour over top and toss to coat.
After seasoning the cauliflower with a bit of salt and pepper, go ahead and arrange them in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 25-30 minutes, or just long enough for the cauliflower to tenderize.
While the cauliflower is baking, you can go ahead and get a small bowl to combine your melted ghee and Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Pour this mixture over top of your cauliflower once it’s out of the oven and toss to combine.
Next, you’ll want to broil the cauliflower for approximately five minutes before serving warm along with your paleo ranch sauce.
What Can I Use Instead of Arrowroot Flour?
I really enjoy using arrowroot flour in a lot of my paleo recipes because it’s such a convenient option to replace refined wheat flour with. It’s 100% gluten and grain-free and it contains a good amount of essential vitamins and minerals.
With that being said, I’m also a big fan of a couple of other types of paleo friendly baking powders that I regularly use as well.
Almond flour is one of my favorite ones to use because not only does it add a delicious nutty hint to the recipes that it’s used in, but it’s also incredibly nutrient-dense as well. It offers up an abundance of heart healthy monounsaturated fats, protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It also offers up benefits for blood lipid profiles, and even helps a bit with weight management as almonds are known to increase feelings of satiety. (1)
Coconut flour is another great option to use. Quite like almond flour does with a nutty taste, coconut flour will give these cauliflower wings an interesting fusion of flavors by combining the Buffalo sauce with a hint of coconut. Coconut flour is also a good source of saturated fats and dietary fiber as well.
Can I Use Another Type of Hot Sauce Besides Frank’s?
If you would rather not use Frank’s Red Hot sauce, you can absolutely feel free to use whatever type of hot sauce that you prefer. As a matter of fact, you don’t have to stop there. If you would rather make honey garlic or even sweet and sour cauliflower wing sauce, go for it. There’s nothing stopping you from getting creative with these recipes!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 4 tbsp melted ghee
- 3 tbsp Frank’s RedHot sauce
- salt, black pepper to taste
- For the Paleo Ranch:
- ¾ cup homemade or store-bought paleo approved mayonnaise
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- salt, black pepper to taste
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with arrowroot flour and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring halfway through through the cooking time, until the florets are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the ghee and Frank’s RedHot sauce.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower florets and toss to combine.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with paleo ranch sauce.