If you’ve been feeling a bit run down lately, it might be time to take a closer look at the foods that you’ve been eating. Everything that we eat definitely plays a large role in how we feel, and it’s for that reason why a paleo diet is so great. It’s full of foods that leave you feeling energized and healthy. However, even when eating as clean as possible, every now and then we all still feel a little under the weather. When that happens, consider making this great healing slow cooker Asian bone broth soup. It’s made using the bones from grass-fed cows and will have you feeling better in no time flat.
Grass-Fed Beef Soup Bones Provide More Nutrients
Bone broth is a fantastic food to consume if you’re looking to heal your gut. Our stomach is intricately linked with pretty much every major process of our bodies, which is why it’s often referred to as our “second brain”. Giving your gut nourishing foods that keep it healthy is of the utmost importance. And this bone broth soup is perfect for doing just that. Every ingredient in the soup has been carefully selected to provide the optimal amount of benefits for your health.
This soup uses the bones from grass-fed cows to make sure it’s free of hormones and antibiotics. The quality of beef definitely matters, and grass-fed beef has been shown to be significantly better for your health than non-organic types of beef. (1) When making bone broth with it, you’re providing your body with essential minerals and collagen, which plays a role in healing your gut lining and boosting your immune system.
The soup also adds garlic cloves and ginger which are both well-known foods that are strong immune system boosters. (2)(3) It’s then further bolstered by adding onion, red chili, and apple cider vinegar. Not only do all of these ingredients combine to provide a great warm heart flavor, but they’re each terrific for your immune system and overall health as well. Apple cider vinegar, in particular, meshes well with the bone broth to provide numerous benefits for your gut health. It all adds up to one amazing soup that works wonders for healing your gut.
Keeping our gut lining strong and healthy is extremely important. There are all kinds of probiotic and prebiotic supplements out there that help with this, and this excellent paleo Asian style bone broth soup can work wonders as well. It’s delicious and full of flavor thanks to the carefully selected ingredients, and the collagen from the grass-fed beef bones is fantastic for your gut lining.
- 2 lb. of organic and grass-fed beef soup bones 4-5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chili
- 1 ½ inch ginger, peeled 1 onion, sliced 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro or parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the bones and cook for 10 minutes to remove any impurities. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Place the bones, onion, garlic, chili, ginger and cilantro or parsley into a crock pot.
- Fill with water to cover all the bones completely and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 24 hours.
- Let cool slightly.
- Strain using a fine metal strainer.
- Transfer the bone broth into an airtight containers or jars and refrigerate promptly.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use.
Want more Paleo recipes? Take a look at the Paleo Grubs Book. With 470+ easy-to-prepare Paleo recipes in 17 comprehensive categories it is the only Paleo book you will ever need.
+ Make sure to sign up for our free newsletter to get our latest healthy recipes delivered weekly (it's free).